Bowling is one of the high-performing individual competitions. If you have had a long training period and want to try a weekly or monthly semi-professional tournament. Play hard and get high results in the tournament. In addition to practicing handball skills, you need to be well prepared mentally
Psychological preparation before the competition
First, you have to prepare all the equipment before the battle and carefully test the quality of balls, shoes and accessories. When the competition day is near, give yourself a day off to improve your health and mood. And don’t try to exercise too hard.
Ignore thoughts like how you will correct the ball or how to throw the ball. You should let your body and mind relax so that you will not be influenced by psychological factors. Finally, get enough sleep to give yourself a sense of comfort and clarity before the day of the competition.
Get rid of the fear of competition
Psychological syndrome of fear before competition day is extremely common. You will be afraid that you will not perform well, be afraid of low scores and that you will not feel good about throwing the ball. These conditions will make you not really comfortable before joining the tournament. You see your tournament as an opportunity for you to challenge yourself. Through this, you can find weaknesses in the competition technique to gain experience for future competitions.
On the day of competition:
• Eat well before the game or you can also bring some snacks such as snacks or soft drinks to avoid hypotension.
• Arrive on time to avoid traffic jams.
• Don’t worry about the following frames, because you’re invisible, distracting you from the current frame.
• Focus on doing the best you can frame by frame.
• When playing, you need to choose an arrow point or dot on the lane and focus on that when the momentum.
• Keep a calm attitude.
• When you step on the floor, you need to avoid wandering or hesitating. Let your mind be empty and focused on one thing only.
• Talk to bowlers around when you feel too stressed and upset.